Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Camera Descending a Staircase


I always liked Duchamp's painting "Nude Descending a Staircase". So when I was shooting photos of cameras and robots for Videre Design, I decided to pay homage with a little creation of my own. This stereo camera has its own set of legs, so i wanted to anthropomorphize it. I shot the camera at 8 different angles on a white background. The I deleted the background and layered the different angles on top of each other in photoshop. I blended them with different levels of opacity and even stretched and bended one with the free transform tool. It was a fun result.

I used a similar technique for a self portrait last year. I used 9 of 12 views shot. I did this one before I knew how to blend, merge and feather.

No comments:

Post a Comment